Fluffy Watermelon Salad
Author: National Watermelon Promotion Board
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 envelopes Plain Gelatin
- 1 C Boiling Water
- 3 C Watermelon Puree
- 1 C Lightly Toasted Coconut
- 4 C Whipped Topping
- 2 C Shredded, Sweetened Coconut
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and stir into the watermelon puree.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish and chill overnight or until very firm.
- Lightly toast coconut and set aside to cool.
- Add layer of whipped topping to serving dishes.
- Cut chilled gelatin/puree mixture into small squares and place in serving dishes over layer of whipped topping. Top with coconut. Add dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Serve immediately.
To make the watermelon puree, remove seeds from fresh watermelon and cut into large chunks. Place in a blender and process until smooth and well pureed.