Halloween is a time of spooky excitement and fun for communities to celebrate with get-togethers and trick-or-treating. Market Basket would like to join in on the fun by sharing a few simple, creative ideas with our friends.
Halloween Hoot Cupcakes
- A pack of original Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- A pack of Reese’s Pieces candy
- Plain chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate icing
- Spread some chocolate icing on top of each chocolate cupcake.
- You’ll need two Oreo Sandwich Cookies for each cupcake. Simply pull the cookies apart and place the cookie halves (with the creme filling still stuck to them) on the cupcakes with the creme filling facing upwards.
- Place a brown Reese’s Pieces candy on each of the cookies and an orange Reese’s Pieces candy in the middle of the chocolate icing on the cupcake.
Clementine Jack-O-Lanterns are an easy way to add some Halloween spirit to your home. They are fun and safe for younger children to make and eat. Simply use a non-toxic black marker to draw some spooky faces on the outer skin of the clementines and you have Clementine Jack-O-Lanterns!
* Children should be supervised by adults at all times due to the sharp blades required for carving.
- A dark marker (preferably black)
- A knife or other sharp utensil for cutting through the pumpkin
- A small candle that fits inside the pumpkin
- A trash bin for excess pumpkin carvings and insides
- Draw a circle around the stem at the top of your pumpkin, then carve along the circle to remove the top of the pumpkin.
- Remove the insides of the pumpkin.
- Draw your design on the pumpkin and carve along the drawn lines and throw away excess carvings or roast the pumpkin seeds for an extra snack .
- Place a candle inside your pumpkin and light.
Set your finished Jack-O-Lantern in a place where everyone can see! Be sure to place your Jack-O-Lattern in a safe place where it will not get knocked over and remember to never leave the lit candle unattended.