Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Have your shortcake and eat your cheesecake, too! This strawberry-topped dessert has layers of both.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (6 oz., 12 in.) Round Prepared Sponge Cake
- 2 Tbsp. Strawberry Jam, melted
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ C COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1½ C Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- REMOVE rim from 9 inch springform pan; set aside. Place bottom of pan on sponge cake; use as pattern to trim sponge cake to fit inside springform pan. Reserve cake trimmings for snacking or another use. Reassemble springform pan. Place cake in pan; brush with jam.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over cake.
- BAKE 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Spread cheesecake with COOL WHIP just before serving; top with berries.
Sponge cakes are often labelled as "shortcakes" or "sponge flan cakes." During the summer months, these cakes can typically be found displayed with the fresh strawberries in the produce section of the supermarket.