We decided to team up with Best Choice to put a sweet twist on traditional tacos. Using a slow cooker, you can let these cook throughout the day and come home to a flavorful dinner!
Apple Cider Chicken Tacos
Author: Always Save
Recipe type: Dinner
- 5 Best Choice Frozen Chicken Breasts
- ¾ cup Best Choice Apple Cider
- ½ cup Best Choice Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ white onion, chopped
- Always Save Mexican Style Cheese Topping
- Always Save Hard Taco Shells
- Always Save Tortilla Chips
- Apple Salsa:
- 2 apples, cored & diced (we used Granny Smith)
- ½ cup Best Choice Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 can Best Choice Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies with Lime & Cilantro
- ½ red onion, diced
- Juice from 2 limes
- Spray or line slow cooker. Microwave frozen chicken breasts on plate for 10 minutes. The middle will still be slightly pink, but that’s okay – it will finish cooking in the slow cooker.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker along with apple cider, chopped green chilies, cumin, garlic and white onion. Stir gently to coat chicken. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours.
- As chicken cooks, mix diced apple pieces, jalapeno peppers, can of tomatoes with green chilies, red onion and lime juice together in medium bowl. Stir until well combined. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate until chicken is finished cooking.
- Once chicken is complete, shred with a fork. Serve in taco shells topped with cheese and apple salsa. Use the remainder of the salsa for chip dip to complete the meal.